Tuesday, September 30, 2008

All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder #10 Review

Recently reviewed by me at CBR: All-Star Batman and Robin the Boy Wonder #10, about which I write the following sentences: "And this issue also explores the anguish of Jim Gordon, very much in line with the way he has been portrayed in Miller's other Batman works. But the Gordon story is crowded out by Batgirl on a skateboard and Black Canary yapping endlessly to herself. Miller's Batman monologues work well enough, but his Black Canary is verbose and flaccid. He still doesn't have a handle on her narrative voice, but that doesn't stop him from using a whole lot of it. I would say it's an improvement over her awkward Irish brogue in previous issues, but there's so many ineffective Black Canary narrative captions in this issue that I found myself longing for a time when she said fewer words, even if they sounded silly."

Read the entire review HERE.

No comments: