Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Breaking News: Silver Surfer Defeats Doom, Iron Man

I picked up the long-awaited Marvel Heroscape this weekend. I don't have time to go into my whole history as a "gamer," but one of these days I'll tell you about my days in the high-pressure northeast Magic: The Gathering tourney circuit. My gaming is pretty much behind me now that I have a full-time job plus a writing career plus a family, but when games like Marvel Heroscape come along, I get a chance to jump back into the gaming arena by CRUSHING my three-year-old daughter and six-year-old son. We've only played the game once so far, but the Captain America/Spider-Man team controlled by my daughter was no match for the Abomination/Sillver Surfer combo. Unfortunately for us, that combo was controlled by my son, who soundly defeated both my daughter and I (with my Doctor Doom/Iron Man duo of death). Even with the early loss of the Abomination, my son was able to ride the Silver Surfer to victory.

This game is a lot of fun.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really wanted to like Marvel Heroscape, but the poorly adapted characters and wonky power levels were a big let down for me. My kids and I actually get more zing out of Marvel Attacktix. When we're looking for something a bit more challenging, though, we go with Capes & Cowls: Adventures in Wyrd City, which is still kid-friendly but requires a lot more skill than either Marvel Heroscape or Marvel Attacktix.